Friday, June 6, 2014

Sneak Peeks... Sewing / Yarn Room makeover and a Chalkboard Project

I've been so busy on my new (old) house.  This is a split level home with a full finished basement with four large rooms.  I love that the windows are at a main level so you don't feel like you are in a basement! 


And of course, it was wallpapered... of course!!!  The paper wasn't too bad for a country look, but I wanted to go more for a cottage feel so I decided to paint it in a soft green, with blue undertones.  It's Dutch Boy paint with the primer right in it, called "Breakers" and it turned out even prettier than I hoped!


It's a large room and has a wood checkerboard patterned floor.  My sister gave me a beautiful new sisal rug and it fits perfectly in the room... can't wait to show you!


I LOVE to quilt, another love my Mother shared with me.  I also like to crochet and knit... yup, from my Sister, so this room should really be called a "Family Room".


So I need to have a lot of storage for my fabric Scrappy Pacs and lots of yarn, what better than a gorgeous shelf from Ikea... and yes, it came from my beautiful Daughter!  See what I mean by Family Room!!


I'm on the hunt for "Cottage" curtains or fabric to make curtains... it's got to be perfect for my new Sewing/Yarn room.  I have a beautiful craft room on the upper level which is coming together also, but not ready for company yet.  I'll be sharing more as these rooms come together... soon!  

And I just had to leave you with one more Sneak Peek.  Can you guess what it is and what room it's for???  Just another project to share the details with you very soon.


 
 
 
Hope your Summer is wonderful and that you are making beautiful memories!
 
 
                                                                  Hugs,
 
                                                                              Pendra
 
 


No comments:

Leelou Blogs